"Assalamualaikum and hello everyone! Thanks for visiting my Blog. All the photos were taken by me, unless indicated otherwise. You can use or reproduce certain contents and images (except for personal notes/ journals) for personal use only."

Blog's quote: Biarlah apa yang ditulis memberi manfaat untuk yang lain, insyaAllah.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Baby Walker!


Aliya is 5 months and 2 weeks olds now. Last few days, I used baby walker to feed Aliya. When I posted Aliya's photos in her baby walker in the previous entry, there are some comments and issues regarding the usage of baby walker.

My mom and my sisters advice me not to use the walker for Aliya yet because the baby who can't sit up by her own will have some negative impact for the baby growth especially on the back bone. So, I have decided not to use the baby walker until my baby is ready.

Below are some informations about baby walker:

"What's the most dangerous form of transportation on earth? Believe it or not, it's the baby walker and your child could be its next victim.

This was revealed by the American Medical Association and the American Academy of Pediatrics which are both calling for a ban on the manufacture and sale of mobile baby walkers that are responsible for over 25,000 child injuries in the United States each year." ~ read more here


"Nearly 25% of all injuries sustained by a baby walker are to the head and that includes fractures. The two most common ways baby injuries happen are from falling down stairs and having scalding liquids spilt on them. In those two cases the injuries are usually severe." ~read more here

Be careful! The right thing is consider the goods and bads to make a choice that is best for you and your baby.

Notes: Thanks to ma, kak wani and kak ni... :)

No comments: